• Welcome to Oxbow's blog

    Home of Entertainment|| Politics, Health tip|| Education|| Sport|| Gossip and all gist...... *wink*

    Saturday, December 17, 2016

    Grandmother covered in tumours says ‘I cannot take this pain anymore’

    A grandmother covered in hundreds of
    tumours says she is living a tormented life,
    shunned by fellow villagers who call her
    the ‘potato woman’.


    Hosineara Begum was born with a pimple
    on her upper lip, and a few small bumps.
    But she says that
    after a botched
    operation to cut it off,
    more pimples spread
    all over her body –
    some growing to the
    size of tennis balls.
    Now her face is
    completely masked behind the painful
    tumours making her an outcast in her
    home village in Bangladesh.
    She cannot talk, eat or wear clothes
    properly.
    Hosineara said: ‘I think the only way I can
    be freed from this pain is by death.
    ‘The tumours hurt. These hurt badly. I
    scratch all day and sometimes even blood
    comes out. I cannot take this pain
    anymore.
    ‘No one talks to me or meets me. People
    even turn around if they see me from a
    distance. Children are scared of me. Even
    my grandson who is only three sometimes
    cries when he sees me. I live like an
    outcast.’
    Walking is also a
    daily struggle with
    the weight of endless
    tumours covering her
    head, arms, fingers,
    abdomen, back,
    thighs to toes.
    But it was not always
    this way for
    Hosineara.
    The woman, from the Narayanganj district,
    said that when she was married at 16, she
    only had a few small bumps on her face
    and neck.
    But as her condition started to worsen, her
    husband Arzu Mian drifted into depression
    and died.
    She ran from one
    local healthcare to
    another in and around
    her village but no one
    could diagnose her
    condition.
    With no treatment for
    several years and no
    home remedies
    helping her heal, Hosineara eventually
    resorted to Homeopathy and while she
    says, the medicines helped a little, she
    could not continue the treatment because
    of lack of money.
    ‘I have no hopes left. I have lived a
    tormented life. Now I want to be free from
    this pain and Only God can help me,’ she
    said.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Your comment is highly needed for us to know how interesting our stories/writeups are. THANKS

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel